On this new website, we have a weekly chatroom and TMS book discussion, an active forum with participation from TMS practitioners, a webinar archive, a media library, and up-to-date versions of all 600+ pages from the old TMS Wiki as well as new ones. Please update your bookmarks and weblinks to help us reach more people in the future.
ATTENTION: The TMS Wiki has moved!
Best Wishes,TMS Discussion ThreadsThe following is a list of links to some of the better discussions from our old forum. However, we encourage you tovisit our new foruminstead.
The Leadership Team of the PPD/TMS Peer Network, sponsor of the TMS Wiki
- Is back surgery sometimes necessary, when risking paralysis?: "I just really want to know if Dr. Sarno would agree with my doctor once he saw my MRI or if he would say that paralysis was an impossibility and therefore no need for surgery. I'm trying to find anything written by Dr. Sarno that discusses back surgery thats needed to avoid paralysis."
- TMS Victim? Please read my struggle and comment: "My name is Brian Jackson, I am 22 years old and currently suffering terrible RSI pain in my right arm, hand, wrist, and fingers (or at least what I thought was RSI). Have had numbness, tingling, sharp stabbing pain, aching, you name it."
- TMS or Truly a bulging disk?: "I am at wits end because nothing is working. I have had an MRI and it revealed a slightly bulging disk at L5-S1 that "may or may not be the root of my pain". I have all the symptoms of a bulging disk, but I am wondering now if I have TMS."
- Dr. Bob Evans and Somatic Experiencing: "My main struggle now is with OCD related to my pain and discomfort. I compulsively am reaching to the area in my back and side and touching it. It's useless. After reading the SE article it makes me realize that OCD is an anticipation of further pain and discomfort."
- The Presence Process: ""the presence process" by michael brown [has] a very good description of the cause/source of our unconscious conflicts(the one's that result in tms). then a 10 week process is described which will begin to allow the unconscious material to be integrated/digested."